Sunday, September 26, 2010

63rd Annual Airman’s Ball

September 25th, 2010 was the 63rd annual Airman’s Ball. It also marked the 50 years of partnership between the U.S. Air Force and Japan. We celebrated with a great Taiko Drum performance. Taiko Drummers
General North also made an appearance and gave a wonderful speech about our strong alliance with Japan. It made me feel very lucky to be in Japan at this time and grateful for all the friendships I have made in such a short amount of time.
after party!
Following his speech was the after party. I danced a little bit but I really thought I was going to fall in my heels! We went next door to The Faultline and listened to a Japanese band play some classic rock and blues. They were pretty good!
It was a pretty cold night at the ball. I bought a new dress for the ball and I noticed a lot of people wearing kimonos. Maybe next year I will wear mine. ^_^

DSC04890

No comments:

Post a Comment