Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Festa

baton twirlers
I heard there was going to be a Halloween Festival at American Park on October 16th. We decided to go check it out. Though it was primarily for children, I still had a lot of fun! We went twice, once in the morning and once later in the afternoon. In the morning we noticed some birds perched on stumps. At first I thought they were statues, until they started  moving! They were really interesting to look at. Their legs were tied down so they couldn’t fly away. They had two owls and some hawks and other birds. a little girl looking at an owl named "Ben-chan" 
Supposedly, there was also a parade but I guess we missed it. There was also a costume contest which we only got to hear about the results by the time we came back. Yes, I came back dressed up. I love Halloween! I dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. We saw this lady sitting on a bench drinking beer. Her costume was so awesome, I had to have a picture with her!Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more!" There were very few food vendors around. After the contest, children lined up in front of stores on the street saying “Trick or Treat” and getting candy. Many of the costumes were witches, girl anime superheroes, or just regular clothes with a cape. The streets were a sea of black and orange. 
children lined up at the liquor store for candy

No comments:

Post a Comment