We passed by Nico cakes a few times on our way to Towada and decided to stop in. If you’ve lived in the area for a while you know that pâtisseries are popular and Japanese love French desserts!
Nico cakes offers the standard packaged cookies, cakes and pies as well as jelly roll cakes and strawberry cakes.
But what makes Nico cakes blog worthy and their pièce de résistance is their cream puffs! Now let me explain, I am not a huge fan of cream puffs, I can take them or leave them, but these are different! The sweet crusty outer layer is perfect and they aren’t just filled with any old whipped cream, they are filled with homemade vanilla pudding. I highly recommend them!
Nico cakes also offers a “point card” and they will give you one with your first purchase. I’m not sure what you get after they are all stamped but I’ll let you know when I find out!
Directions to nico cakes:
- Main gate
- take the second right after the light
- go straight and pass the first light
- at the stop sight take a right (Phada's should be across from you).
- Go straight through the light near Cafe Omiya.
- Follow this road and take a left at the train tracks.
- Keep going straight for a while (about a mile from Misawa Station)
- Nico Cakes is on the right.